Monday 29 November 2010

29.11.2010

OK so we are almost there! Xmas break isnto too far away and everyone is busy working to get their work done good luck to all :D

Ok so i have now finnished my experimental!
heres the final thing :D



Over the past few weeks we have all be working on our experimental animations. for my experimental project i used cut ous inspired by Russian Constructivism. While i was in college i was hugely influenced by Russian Constructivism with their great use of shapes and angels this influenced me greatly in my college work and now i have done this project im happy that i could use constructivism as a focused point again.
During the project i had many ups and downs i encountered many problems e.g. the dope sheets, i didn't have a clue how to produce a dope sheet so this was hard. after about 4 days of development from my ideas to choosing the audio and then Finlay creating the dope sheet.
after doing several tests i thought about doing something completely different, after i spoke to Kathy she said that maby this wasn't the kind of animation that is suited for me and that this "wasn't me" i took her advice and i did about 30 seconds worth of animation to the same dope sheet however when i went to export it the images were all messed up and Monkey Jam wouldn't convert them so i was stuck. after that problem i decided to go back and Re do my first idea and that is my final animation.
after i created the animation and i added the audio i noticed that the timing was off and this really made me feel low. I guess it was because i messed up the dope sheet, i think that next time i do something like this i will have to understand dope sheets more and get an understanding about how they work. I am happy with the final out come alot of work went into it and i think the final outcome looks inspired by Russian Constructivism.
If i could do the project again i would double check the dope sheets gain and again until the timing is right and i would possibly try another form of animation like Kathy suggested. Like i said i had fun doing this im not 100% sure if it works however i was experimenting and it was alot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment